Angela Mae

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Kids on the Block in Boston












I feel extremely lucky to have been able to go to Boston for the New Kids on the Block Christmas show in Boston! Writing this gives me chills remembering the moments! Im just going to write.. all this might not be in clear sentences...but here goes!

When NKOTB announced a show in Boston around Christmas I knew I wanted to go. I had never been to Boston, and I knew I had to go! So we were lucky somehow and got pre-sale tickets. I guess they only sold 200 pre-sale tickets and we got them. Then there was news that those tickets might not be valid and my heart sunk, however it turns out NKOTB was going to honer them! YIPPEE! I had a "free" flight that I didn't use in September to go to Boston, so I had transfered that ticket for this trip. I have my ticket, plane ticket everything! I was all set and ready to go with excitement!

Leading up to the weekend of the concert, it was an extremely busy time for me and I could hardly stay focused because all I thought of was the NKOTB show! Well Friday our last day of school before break, the weather on the east coast turned for the worst! I ran over to the airport to see if I could get on an earlier flight! Well it turns out I got to change my seat and I got the LAST seat available! I was really lucky! Not only did I get an earlier flight, but I got a better flight. Originally I was to fly over night, and fly into Providence then drive over to Boston. My new flight flew me directly into Boston! Which worked out for many reasons, one including I forgot my diver's license, so I wouldn't have been able to rent a car in Providence to drive into Boston. (Yes dumb move on my part) But I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason! So thankfully I had changed my flight to an earlier flight because when my flight took off at 1:30 pm on Saturday from SFO, it was the last plane to fly east until the next morning. I got into Boston and boy was it cold, got a taxi to the hotel, threw my stuff down and headed to the club to meet some of my friends and see Young Q perform! It was so fun walking into the club and seeing so many faces I knew from Twitter. I had never meet many of them but we all recognized each other! We stayed till the club closed, and we walked out, everything was white! Again, another reason I am thankful I forgot my license! It was a fun night! Ann and I tried to get a cab, however many of them were not running because of the snow so like crazies.. we walked home. It took us about 15 minutes, but it was a long 15 minutes cuz it snowed the entire time!!! It took a while to fall asleep, partly cuz I think I was frozen and I was just so excited for the NKOTB concert!

Sunday morning we wake up, and I had meet more blockheads in the lobby, we went to lunch and it was my crazy idea to head to the venue at 3:30 when the doors didn't open till 7. Here is where the amazing story beginnings!

So the girls I was with thought I was really crazy for wanting to get to the venue so early, but I said who cares, I will freeze but I want to be in the front for the show! So we got in a van to drive us over to the venue. We get to the venue and Donnie is outside, however they won't let us out of the van because they thought we were part of the band, and they wanted Donnie to have his moment. Finally they let us out of the van and I got a hug from Donnie! EKKK! So then the line starts! There were 3 different lines forming. So I asked the gentleman who was manning the lines, which one I needed to be in. There was one for the people who showed up early and got wristbands, one line for people going to eat at the restaurant and one line for general admission. So we were "first" in that line. I asked the guy how all the lines worked. He said well those with wrist bands will be "first" so I said I want to be right after them. He said I would need to go into the store buy $15.00 worth of merchandise to get in line after them. So I thought, okay so I will be about 50 girls back, thats not bad! So I went in bought my dad a Boston hat, and the gentleman was waiting for me outside when I returned outside. He asked me if I had my ticket, I showed it to him and he said "follow me" so I did! I got RIGHT behind him, and we walked, we walked past the wrist band line and kept walking, then he opened a door, and all I saw was a big board in-front of us, we walked in-front of that board, and there we were INSIDE the House of Blues and on the stage I could see Donnie and Jordan and I just about freaked out! I kept following him, till we were in the center of the floor of the House of Blues when he turned to me and said "have fun" and shooed me away. I stood there like WHAT THE F! just happened. I looked around and I was in the middle of the House of Blues standing in front of Jordan and Donnie! It was unreal! I then noticed that my friend Andrea was also in there and she was looking at me like how did you get in? I went over to her group and I was in so much shock I don't remember what I said! I just stood there with them for a bit, then I noticed my phone was ringing and the door I had just entered was still opened. On the phone was Ann the girl I had come with. She was wondering what I was doing, and she had followed us to the door, I saw her and pulled her inside, and at that point they closed the door and we were INSIDE the feakin house of blues watching Donnie and Jordan! It was unreal!!! Danny and Jon came down and talked to us. I asked Danny how his girls liked school, and he looked at me like I was crazy, but thats okay! Jon and I talked about the snow, his truck and I don't remember what else!

Different parts of Sound Check I remember
* I saw Joey up on stage, he was hiding then came out and practiced Oh Holy Night and I about died! I walked over to wear he was practicing and just stood there!
*Jordan was funny he stood with his mic and a sheet of paper and said "Listen up I have a serious message.. "then would read through the lines of this ones for our children
* Snow feel and we were all in shock, and Donnie said SHH don't tell our surprises!
* New Edition came out and practiced a song with them.
*When we spotted Joey for the first time, Donnie ran over to us and said SHHH don't say anything about Joey being here so we thought it was going to be a surprise during the show
*Donnie leading the show, letting everyone know where they needed to be.

It was unreal, I remember thinking oh my gosh they are right there, but I wanted to play it all cool as well! I chatted with the girls and laughed and watched. It truly was a very lucky moment! And this is all before the show even starts! When the show starts, I remember thinking how lucky I was... I was right in the front! It was such a fun concert! They were really in the Christmas spirit and it was so fun!!!! I can't stop watching my videos from the concert! An amazing experience!!!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home