Angela Mae

Friday, October 23, 2009

My morning coffee date with my sister and Jonathan Knight






On July 18, 2008 my life changed forever. My sister and I had flown into Houston, TX for the last concert of the Full Service Tour. I woke up really early that morning, filled with excitement. I knew the venue was right next door to our hotel, so I sat at the window starting at about 6 am watching and looking for a possible NKTOB bus. Around 7 am Jonathan Knight tweeted about people at the venue hiding in the bushes and it freaking him out. So at that moment I kinda screamed and told my sister we needed to go over there. She wasn't convinced. So I begged for a bit, then Jonathan Knight tweeted again, and at that moment she said okay so we put on our work out clothes ran over to Starbucks got coffee for us and Jonathan Knight. We ran over to the venue and when we walked up to him there were about 6 - 8 ladies chatting around a man. As my sister and I were walking over, I said that’s him, she said no way. We had a friendly argument debating if it was or was not Jonathan Knight, as we approached we knew it was him. We both had huge smiles on our face. As we walked up we saw that he had another cup of Starbucks and so I said "Its time for round 2 of your morning coffee." I handed him the cup and we all stood around for about 2 minutes, then I asked Jon if we could take pictures together. He agreed. As we went to take pictures my sister and I discovered that she didn’t have a charged battery and I didn’t have a memory card in my camera. We took a couple with my iphone, then he signed the pictures we brought over for him to sign. After we had asked to take pictures and sign things the other ladies also started asking. During this time my sister ran back to the hotel and got her battery and came back and we were able to take some pictures. I felt so bad she ran away to get the camera, because she has always been a Jon girl! She quickly returned and we literally just hung out with Jon. He took pictures, signed things, and called some girls of friends who were there. About 10 other girls joined us during the morning. He shared with us the story of his conversation with Donnie after 12 years of not really speaking to each other, because they had taken different paths. Shared with us about being at Joey’s wedding. He talked about how when he agreed to come back to New Kids on the Block that he only agreed to 8 shows and after the 8th show he and the rest of the group knew they needed to do more shows. He said “it was so weird because just the other day we had a cake celebrating our 130th show since the reunion started!” He laughed and said he really only signed up to do 8 shows! He asked us if we could keep a secret. We all said yes and he said, “Jordan and I are going on tour together and I have a solo coming out!” We all literally gasped and he after about what felt like an eternity but was merely 3 seconds said JUST KIDDING!!! He talked to us about how he was excited to go home and put his work boots on and start back to work on Monday. My sister said to him, “Jon we are all just normal people, with normal jobs, and normal lives, but when I am around you, I wave my JON FREAK FLAG” everyone laughed and I chimed in and I said I’m a principal, he looked at me and said “What you are a principal?” and someone else said, I’m an accountant, and at that moment, everyone started saying what they did for a living and Jon said, “You all are normal” He made fun of us for a little bit. He told us we all were crazy emotion woman and we all just continued chatting and laughing together. At that moment he walked away with Jessica and Jon and Jessica had a private moment. When he came back he shared with us an email from his mom, in which he started crying and we all cried and hugged each other. He also asked us to keep that moment private so I will not going into details about it. Then Jon told us he hasn’t slept yet and that it was time for him to go to sleep before the show. He walked away and after he left my sister and I just sat there, and waited in awe! It literally was the best hour and thirty minutes of my life! Moments later Jon tweeted “To everyone I met this morning……Amazing! Can’t believe I already shed tears. Your stories were amazing. Your breath, not so bad!!!)

4 Comments:

  • At October 23, 2009 at 7:08 PM , Blogger @mkeys724 said...

    AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Best. Day. Ever.

     
  • At October 24, 2009 at 11:09 PM , Blogger ConnieGG said...

    I really enjoyed your blog :-) Such a special day. 1 1/2 hours with Jon! Amazing! I was probably still sleeping or waking up in Dallas... wasn't that Houston show amazing? I cried and cried that night. NKOTB are ace! I loooove them and their music, but most importantly, they've let me met some very wonderful blockheads/sistahs :-)

     
  • At October 25, 2009 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Patty said...

    What a cool story!!

     
  • At December 7, 2009 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I got the webcam concert the night before and cried,someone put the finale on YouTube and when it showed Jon crying I broke down again. I just kept thinking we just got him back into our lives I don't want to loose him again. I never really met Jon and have the experience you did but I did live 15 min. from his home in MA and took b-day and Christmas presents for him and the family. You are so lucky, as I said I've never really met him but I have been to his home, never inside just dropping off presents. I did sit behind him at a softball game in Norfolk, VA in 1992 (I think) but I didn't have a camera, actually one of the security guards told me where they were going to be and said to go, so I went. Anyway, treasure what you have because he is soooooo worth every bit.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home